This repository is about a device called Independer.
Encrypted messaging & data sharing via LoRaS & inexpensive hardware (ESP32). Independent from mobile network & WIFI. We use cheap ESP32s, LoRa antennas, 3D prototyping, mini keyboards and develop our own encrypted protocol together with software.
If you want to join, or have an idea, feel free to write us or start a discussion. The current state of development can be viewed on the project board.
esp32 - lora - encryption - short-message - protocol - keyboard - platformio - 3d-printing - independent
Anyone can contribute to the project and build their own device. Many more features like GPS visualization, environment scanner, touch screen, alternative transmission and encryption functions are waiting in the future!
- Actor to Actor (via LoRaS): Send messages directly between two Actors.
- Actor to Gateway (via LoRaS): Send messages via Gateway. Actors can query their messages from Gateways.
- Actor to Actor (via WIFI/Internet): Send messages via Internet. Actors can query their messages from WIFI/Internet.
- Who is near me? Scan the environment to find other Independers.
- Many other functions: Various test functions (Reachability Check, Reception & Transmission Evaluation), Update via WIFI, Notification LED, Deep Sleep Mode, Background-Sync, Battery Status, Send Quota & Gain, Contacts…
- Built on inexpensive Hardware
- Open-Source Software & Protocol
- Open-Source 3D-printed Case
- Multiple ESP32-Boards Supported
- LoRa & WIFI
- External Antenna Connector
- Mini Keyboard (QWERTY)
- 3000mAh LiPo Battery
- USB Charging (Micro-USB)